Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Grim Peeper

Yesterday at my new job, (this was my third day), a little girl came into the leasing office with her mother. The little girl explained to me that a baby bird had fallen out of its nest from a tree that was outside of their apt.The baby bird had fallen about 10 to 20 feet from its nest. At this point residents dogs, children, and ignorant adults were bothering it as it peeped loudly for some god damn food, or from being in severe pain. Not having an option to put it back into its nest, I took the baby bird home hoping it didn't have any internal damage.
Having nursed baby birds before i knew it was a 50/50 chance of it surviving.
It did fine, slept, ate a lot, pooped and then died in its sleep. It still makes me sad, every.god.damn.time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment